The Billing Manager and Office Liaison will be responsible for certain management aspects of Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine Medical Practice under the direction of the practice administrator and owner/medical director. Acting as central point of contact for the practice team and for providing effective supervision and leadership, you will have responsibilities to ensure the quality experience of each patient as they come in for services delivered by the practice. You will have key areas of work delegated to you, and will have the authority to devise and implement protocols, systems and procedures in conjunction with the Practice Administrator and Medical Director/Owner. You will manage and coordinate practice functionality and relationships with outside vendors/patients with a focus on the areas of billing, laboratory, credentialing and office/employee annual training.
Other responsibilities include motivating and supervising staff, patient services including responding to patient feedback/inquiries, facilitating and responding to billing/lab related inquiries from patients, outside billing/lab partners and internal employees, training coordination including HIPAA protocols, health and safety management, office protocol standards and other items as necessary. A strong familiarity and comfort with technology is required.
Through innovative ways of working, support the practice administrator in leading the team in promoting Equality Diversity & Inclusion, Health & Safety, Quality & Continuous Improvement, Confidentiality, Collaborative Working, Service Delivery, Learning and Development and ensuring the practice complies with all state and federal regulations. Key working relationships will include, practice administrator, Owner/Medical Director, all clinical providers and staff, and associated professionals and partner entities.
There may be occasions when there is a requirement to work evenings and Saturday mornings to assist with service provisions.
Responsibilities and Essential Skills:
- Understanding of Primary Care/Functional Medicine/Medical Practice billing and laboratory processes
- 5 years experience in a billing role for a medical practice
- Exposure and understanding of Lab processes within a medical practice
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Previous experience of leading and indirectly supervising people in a fast-paced patient service setting
- A proven history of developing the skills and confidence of a team and team members to fulfil their potential
- Ability to build strong working relationships with your team
- Ability to effectively manage difficult conversations with team members and patients
- Ability to confidently and continuously challenge the ‘status-quo’ and effectively manage conflicting priorities in the workplace
- Ability to contribute to improving access for patients, including managing change, developing new systems and procedures
- Act as primary liaison between practice, billing/lab vendors and manage all items related to these core areas
- Resolve denial and AR issues, answer patient phone inquiries, train and/or audit new or existing employees as well as our outsourcing partners
- Assist management with day to day processes, as needed
- Strong Technology skills and the ability to help staff/providers troubleshoot technical issues
- Serve as a liaison to patients with inquires about the Raby Institute and their specific account/experiences
- Assist in communication and education to new or existing employees
- Interact with facilities’ contacts when necessary to gather or clarify information
- Answer telephone inquiries from patients in a professional and courteous manner Serve as a go-to for upset, confused, difficult patients/callers
- Make appropriate adjustments or corrections to patient accounts to update information (i.e. discharge date, modifiers, and insurance information)
- Comment information on patient accounts regarding action that has or will be taken on the account
- Follow proper procedures to assure that patient records are complete, accurate and current
- May interact with outsource partners/vendors to maintain and monitor quality of provided work and adherence to contractual obligations
- May participate in client specific training with outsource vendors/partners as needed
- Support corporate goals and objectives
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of information processed
- Participate in new initiatives/projects as needed
- 4 year degree preferred but not required
- 5 years experience working in an Internal Medicine practice.
- Ideally familiar with and/or experience with Integrative Medicine
- 5 years experience working with Medical Billing
- 3 years experience working with Medical Labs and Lab providers
Please submit CVs for the Billing Manager and Office Liaison position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Raby InstituteThe Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is the premier center for integrative healing in the heart of Chicago. We provide our patients with the highest quality integrative health services and believe that with guidance and the right environment, patients will realize their innate abilities of self-healing and their potential to live fully engaged lives.
The Raby Institute offers primary and consultative care by highly trained specialists in Integrative Internal Medicine and Family Practice, Integrative Pediatrics and Integrative Gynecology, as well as direct or collaborative care by other medical practitioners trained and certified in the disciplines of Naturopathic Medicine, Naprapathic Treatment, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Integrative Clinical Psychology, and Functional Medicine.