The Raby Institutes for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is seeking a Nurse Practitioner with experience in Functional Medicine and in an integrative medical setting. This position will focus on an Integrative team approach to provide excellent patient experiences and deliver innovative patient care.
- Directs patient care provided by support personnel and works closely with practice physicians
- Communicates directly with patient/family regarding patient’s care
- Works in an integrative environment and considers all elements of the patient’s life to provide safe, quality care
- Provides clinical support for shared medical visits between providers
- Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician
- Conducts thorough medical histories
- Initiates appropriate lab, radiology tests, or other special tests required for evaluation of illness
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates laboratory tests and other diagnostic studies to assess patient’s clinical issues and health care needs
- Performs and interpret, at least to the point of recognizing deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiologic, cardiographic, and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes as privileged by CCF Credentialing Board
- Answers routine patient questions regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking, and topics related to Functional Medicine, with basic recommendations
- Educates patients regarding their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects, and hazards
- Assists with record keeping, completes appropriate patient medical chart, transcribes lab data and routine correspondence, as directed and reviewed by physician
- Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or with other specialty areas as necessary
- Participates in quality monitoring through the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior, compassion, professionalism, and a commitment to excellent patient care
- Functional Medicine experience in practice preferred
- Prescriptive authority or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the State Medical Board
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse team members, caregivers, and patients
- Superior communication skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment
Nurse Practitioner with current Illinois License and additional certifications
RN/Nurse Practitioner degree/certifications from an accredited school
Please submit CVs for the Nurse Practitioner position to JRuhl@rabyinstitute.com.
About the Raby InstituteThe Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is the premier center for integrative healing in the heart of Chicago. We provide our patients with the highest quality integrative health services and believe that with guidance and the right environment, patients will realize their innate abilities of self-healing and their potential to live fully engaged lives.
The Raby Institute offers primary and consultative care by highly trained specialists in Integrative Internal Medicine and Family Practice, Integrative Pediatrics and Integrative Gynecology, as well as direct or collaborative care by other medical practitioners trained and certified in the disciplines of Naturopathic Medicine, Naprapathic Treatment, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Integrative Clinical Psychology, and Functional Medicine.