To help ensure the highest customer service to patients and providers through activities including but not limited to monitoring patient flow, patient check-in/check-out, answering multiple line phones, scheduling appointments, processing medical records, and collection of fees and other patient balances.
- Greet patients as they enter the practice and perform check-in, collection of relevant payments (including co-pays and outstanding balances) and facilitate the input of new patient forms and updated patient information into the electronic medical record system.
- Processing of daily faxes, mail and phone calls to the office.
- Monitor and manage flow of patients in the reception area and communicate with providers as necessary on patient’s status.
- Scan medical documents
- Responds to telephone, email and web inquiries for appointment requests, rescheduling, and answering of general questions related to the practice.
- Maintains knowledge base of practice services and clinical treatment available in order to overview and discuss services with interested callers
- Documents /handles or forwards customer complaints/comments to the appropriate individuals.
- Extensive use of EMR (eClinicalWorks)
- Troubleshoot patient concerns/issues through communication with providers, other office personal and patients.
- Providing patients with the outstanding customer service by answering questions/concerns and following-up accordingly.
- Work with providers and other employees to help resolve patient issues as necessary.
- Experience with the use of an EMR (eClinicalWorks is preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in general office practice, preferably in a health care setting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Please submit CVs for the Patient Care Coordinator position to JRuhl@rabyinstitute.com.
About the Raby InstituteThe Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is the premier center for integrative healing in the heart of Chicago. We provide our patients with the highest quality integrative health services and believe that with guidance and the right environment, patients will realize their innate abilities of self-healing and their potential to live fully engaged lives.
The Raby Institute offers primary and consultative care by highly trained specialists in Integrative Internal Medicine and Family Practice, Integrative Pediatrics and Integrative Gynecology, as well as direct or collaborative care by other medical practitioners trained and certified in the disciplines of Naturopathic Medicine, Naprapathic Treatment, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Integrative Clinical Psychology, and Functional Medicine.