Working with a wide range of patients, this position partners with clients to identify, assess and treat problems – emotional, psychological and behavioral. This position utilizes a variety of methods for treatment including individual, group, and family psychotherapy. Applicants should also be knowledgeable about behavioral analysis and biofeedback. This position oversees the development and supervision of mental health programing. Ideal candidates will have outstanding communication skills, reporting skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate self-awareness, objectivity, and a strong desire to help others. Strong candidates will show evidence of excellence in networking, writing skills, supervisory skills, reasoning, problem-solving, and team-building. Openness and capacity to collaborate with other medical professionals as needed and to use an integrative approach to patient care is desired. This position works closely with and is directly supervised by a Clinical Psychologist.
- Conducting biopsychosocial intake evaluations
- Developing, implementing, and tracking individualized treatment plans
- Administering and scoring intellectual and personality testing, structured interviews, and self-report measures
- Writing integrated reports as needed
- Providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults, and families
- Provision of individual, group, and family psychotherapy for those with psychiatric problems
- Referring clients to institutions, support services, specialists, and internal clinicians as needed
- Willingness to develop and lead extracurricular programming. Continual education on new therapeutic approaches and implementation as appropriate
- Working with other providers in the the Institute to provide a comprehensive integrative approach to enhance patient care
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience working directly with patients in either an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Experience/knowledge of an Integrative practice or primary care practice.
- LPC required; supervision towards LCPC provided
- Master’s level degree in clinical or counseling counseling OR marriage and family therapy
Due to the nature of the work, candidates cannot have a criminal background since they will undergo a background check before employment.
Please submit CVs for the Psychotherapist position to JRuhl@rabyinstitute.com.
About the Raby InstituteThe Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is the premier center for integrative healing in the heart of Chicago. We provide our patients with the highest quality integrative health services and believe that with guidance and the right environment, patients will realize their innate abilities of self-healing and their potential to live fully engaged lives.
The Raby Institute offers primary and consultative care by highly trained specialists in Integrative Internal Medicine and Family Practice, Integrative Pediatrics and Integrative Gynecology, as well as direct or collaborative care by other medical practitioners trained and certified in the disciplines of Naturopathic Medicine, Naprapathic Treatment, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Integrative Clinical Psychology, and Functional Medicine.