The Medical Assistant works closely with the medical doctors, lab, other medical assistants and providers to ensure the clinical floor flows properly and that all patients receive high quality, timely attention and customer service.
- Manage and organize patient/workflow in the office to help keep physicians timely while prioritizing tasks accordingly.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms. Have patients disrobe and gown appropriately and/or at physician’s discretion.
- Assist physicians and clinic team as needed during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Performs charting & documents in the appropriate area of medical record and communicates activities of the patient process effectively.
- Communicates effectively to verify orders and follow up on order result reporting issues. Effectively identifies solutions to problems.
- Accurately completes requests and orders according to established protocols.
- Takes vital signs, sets up trays and rooms and assists with medical procedures as needed.
- Labels and processes specimens according to established protocols and policies.
- Monitors all exam rooms and re-stocks supplies throughout the day as needed.
- Enters laboratory and diagnostic testing orders within ECW system.
- Coordinates patient referrals, insurance referrals and consultations.
- Ensures that all supply rooms and cabinets are locked at the end of the day.
- Assists the physician with management of outpatient evaluations, surgeries and follow-up appointments with the MD.
- Restocks the exam rooms, storage areas, refrigerator weekly and as needed.
- Encourages teamwork through efficient interdepartmental communication.
- Follows safety and infection control guidelines. Utilizes personal protective equipment and safety devices per NMH policy.
- Performs other related tasks and special projects assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all time.
- Work with providers and other employees to help resolve patient issues as necessary.
- 1-2 years experience in general office practice, preferably in a health care setting
- Computer competence: ECW (preferred) or other EMR experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- High degree of responsibility, discretion and integrity relative to the acquisition and
dissemination of highly confidential information
- Certified Medical Assistant
Please submit CVs for the Medical Assistant position to JRuhl@rabyinstitute.com.
About the Raby InstituteThe Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern is the premier center for integrative healing in the heart of Chicago. We provide our patients with the highest quality integrative health services and believe that with guidance and the right environment, patients will realize their innate abilities of self-healing and their potential to live fully engaged lives.
The Raby Institute offers primary and consultative care by highly trained specialists in Integrative Internal Medicine and Family Practice, Integrative Pediatrics and Integrative Gynecology, as well as direct or collaborative care by other medical practitioners trained and certified in the disciplines of Naturopathic Medicine, Naprapathic Treatment, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Integrative Clinical Psychology, and Functional Medicine.