What is Integrative Internal Medicine & Primary Care?
At Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern, the focus of our Integrative Internal Medicine & Primary Care practice is to weave together the best of modern science with the vast wisdom of ancient traditions for optimal wellness and disease prevention.
We offer both Integrative Primary Care and Integrative Internal Medicine Consultations.
Integrative Primary Care
Raby Institute board-certified internists and practitioners offer a full range of traditional primary care services, such as:
- Routine physicals and immunizations
- Health screenings across a spectrum of specialties
- Diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic conditions, including chronic pain and illness Acute care
- Functional Integrative Care
- Functional Medical Testing
- Referrals to other integrative practitioners within the institute
Because we deliver these services in an integrative setting, our patients can experience the benefit of having their primary and integrative care coordinated and delivered by a single physician intimately familiar with their entire health history.
Integrative Internal Medicine Consultations
Our integrative internists are available to consult with patients referred by their primary care physicians or subspecialists to the Raby Institute to incorporate integrative therapies into their conventional treatment plans.
Who Uses Integrative Internal Medicine & Primary Care?
Many patients with complicated medical problems benefit from coordinating Primary Care treatment with Integrative Internal Medicine. Patients most commonly seek out integrative approaches because they want to:
- Reduce their use of conventional medications
- Avoid negative side-effects of medication
- Relieve symptoms that are difficult to alleviate with just medicine
- Supplement conventional treatments to create better outcomes
Meet Our Providers
We invite you to schedule an appointment with one of our Raby Institute practitioners trained in Integrative Internal Medicine: