About Integrative Gynecological Care
Integrative gynecology applies the philosophies and approaches of integrative medicine to the practice of gynecology.
This means we look at a woman’s reproductive health through the lens of whole-person healing. We help our patients understand and address the systems of influences and imbalances that create their symptoms, conditions, or complaints. A holistic approach to gynecology combines lifestyle management (nutrition, exercise, stress management skills), herbal remedies, and hormones with all of the routine exams, tests, and procedures expected during a gynecological appointment.
The result is natural, gentle, and non-invasive treatments to support healthy functioning. For example, your integrative gynecologist might recommend acupuncture to alleviate pain and cramping associated with menstruation or prescribe an herbal remedy to regulate your cycles.
At Raby Institute, integrative elements that are part of our gynecological practice include:
- Acupuncture seeks to restore proper energy flow through the body by stimulating key acupuncture points along meridian lines using sterile, ultra-thin, disposable needles inserted under the skin.
- Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- TCM utilizes a variety of techniques to restore harmony and balance to the body, mind, and spirit to maintain total wellness.
- Lifestyle management
- Lifestyle management involves offering solutions that address whole-person needs, such as nutrition, exercise, and stress management skills.
- Relaxation techniques
- Relaxation techniques such as integrative medical massages offer a hands-on way to achieve energetic healing.
Is Integrative Gynecological Care Right for Me?
A visit to the integrative gynecologist specialist at the Raby Institute provides you with all of the benefits of a traditional Western gynecologist, plus the added value of having the option to explore holistic treatments for common health issues.
Integrative gynecology is appropriate for any woman who is interested in discovering more natural ways to maintain wellness, alleviate discomfort, or treat conditions associated with reproductive health.
Integrative gynecologists are trained to address the full spectrum of health conditions related to the female reproductive system including:
- Cervical dysplasia
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Menopause and post-menopausal symptoms
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Sexual dysfunction
- Vulvodynia (vulvar pain)
Mona Lisa Touch - Laser Treatment
Millions of women across the United States suffer from vaginal atrophy, which happens as the result of hormonal changes that take place with menopause. Those changes can lead to painful thinning, drying, and inflammation of the vaginal walls. This makes intercourse painful and can also cause urination issues.
The FDA has approved a non-hormonal treatment to combat vaginal atrophy-and we’re happy to now offer it at the Raby Institute.
Meet Our Providers
We invite you to schedule an appointment with our Integrative Gynecological Care providers: